Friday, November 10, 2006

PS3

This new gadget, about to be launched in Japan tomorrow in the morning, have been occupying most of my mind.

I have been reading plenty of games sites on some news of the new bedazzling system by Sony, and most of the news I read is rather depressing.

Official launch systems available to the general public in Japan is tagged at 100,000 units. However, there are much rumours that the actual quantity may be at 80,000 units. And with the launch in US another week from now, it seems the PS3 is not faring too well. Admittedly that most systems launches have been marred with lack of systems avaiable off the shelf during launch dates, as far back as to Sony's own PS2 and Micorsoft's Xbox360 too.

Also, news that the lack of software for tomorrow's launch will also be detrimental to PS3's launch success . Only 5 titles are avaible at launch, namely Sony's Genji: Kamui Soaran, Bandai Namco's Kidou Senshi Gundam Target in Sight, Sega's Sega Golf Club featuring the Miyazato Siblings, Sony's Resistance -Fall of Man- and Bandai Namco's Ridge Racer 7. Of these 5 games, Weekly Famitsu (the Japanese magazine devoted to games in Japan) gave Sony's Resistance -Fall of Man- the 2nd highest ratings at a score of 9,8,8,8 and Bandai Namco's Ridge Racer 7 getting the top honours as the best rated launch game at a score of 9,9,9,9.

Still, the last 2 games will be the hottest selling titles by my judgement, coz thats the 2 that I will get, IF I can get the PS3 tomorrow. I am dreaming while being wide awake, but I can dream, can i??

I will be going on this PS3 "coverage" through out, until Wii comes out the gate next week.

No comments: