Friday, June 13, 2008

Metal Gear Online patched to V1.01.


Well that was fast. With the game available to the mass market just within one day, Konami have already released a patch for Metal Gear Online. Version 1.01 will help "Lighten the strain the game places on our server" as well as "Adjustments have been made to the character's moving speed", as per screen shot above.

You will need to download and install the patch to run the game, via two options given by Konami, namely Peer to Peer (Bit Torrent) or direct http download. It should be a 40-50MB download, based on my speed of download (as described below).

Strangely, I initially used the Konami's recommended method (which is the peer to peer Bit Torrent method and supposedly faster) but found it too slow. After few minutes and being at 3% with download speed of averaging 14-20kbps, I canceled it and tried the direct http method. I got the file in 4 minutes. So try both methods to see which works for you.

BTW, I do manage to get 10MB files per minute (thats 150++ kpbs average), that's how I estimated the patch to be 40-50MBs in size.

No comments: